Our Cabin:

A view from Gooseprairie Lane of our cabin. The cabin sits on ~5 acres of prairie land and faces the three peaks that tower over GP. Cousin Ed (Kays) reports that these are called: Old Scab, Buffalo Hump, and Baldy.
Here's a shot of baldy:

If you go up the "hard way," watch out for the mountain goats.
Cousin Ed reports:
If you go the hard way, watch out for the elk too. On one of my trips I was hiking alone and all of a sudden the silence was shattered by a tremendous crashing noise directly to my right. Almost before I got my head turned, a cow and calf exploded out of the brush nearly trampling me on their way down the hill. I could have touched them had I been fool enough to try. I imagine they were spooked by a bear or cougar. What an ignominious end that would have been: "Hiker killed by mother elk and baby."
The man has a sense of humor...

A view from Gooseprairie Lane of our cabin. The cabin sits on ~5 acres of prairie land and faces the three peaks that tower over GP. Cousin Ed (Kays) reports that these are called: Old Scab, Buffalo Hump, and Baldy.
Here's a shot of baldy:

If you go up the "hard way," watch out for the mountain goats.
Cousin Ed reports:
If you go the hard way, watch out for the elk too. On one of my trips I was hiking alone and all of a sudden the silence was shattered by a tremendous crashing noise directly to my right. Almost before I got my head turned, a cow and calf exploded out of the brush nearly trampling me on their way down the hill. I could have touched them had I been fool enough to try. I imagine they were spooked by a bear or cougar. What an ignominious end that would have been: "Hiker killed by mother elk and baby."
The man has a sense of humor...
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home