Memories and Stories at GP
Uncle B! I hear you have a good IRA story? Let's hear it!
Grandmother Bernadine just wrote me with a list that's bound to jog a few memories of good times:
"David..here are some memories of your Mom's Mom:
Rickey Anne, Kenai (they live!), Canasta, Fishing, Hiking, Eating (popcorn,cake,strawberry shortcake,made-in-the-cabin pies,candy, cakes) 81 Sabot, Fishing boat with 3hp motor, bears at the Dump, Copper City Dance, Aunt Hazel's bonfire mit marshmallows, Great Grandmother's Chinese Checkers, work..digging fence pole holes, logoiling cabin. Children, Grandchildren...best of all!! LOVE, gm"
Cousin Ed reminds us how gooseprairie can be so good to us:
"Well, I have an Ira story. When Uncle Bob and I were teenagers at the peak of our physical prowess, Ira was a busy bee. He was building things, felling trees and cutting them up for firewood, climbing mountains for missing hikers, and running a business. Many years later I realized that at the time of all this activity Ira was probably 65 years and on Social Security. Not too bad for a guy who in his late 20's was given 6 months to live by his doctor. Later in life he loved to say that he buried his doctor 60 years ago. How did he avoid dying? He moved to Goose Prairie! " ... "Another Ira story--perhaps the secret to longevity. This story may have appeared in print, but I heard it from Ira. Ira had a lot of Crocodile Dundee in him. One time Justice Douglas asked Ira if he ever thought about the affairs of the world outside of Goose Prairie--wars, national politics, etc. Ira assured the great Justice that he certainly did think about these issues--for about ten minutes, and then he fell asleep. Ira was definitely on Goose Prairie time."
It must be the air.
Uncle B! I hear you have a good IRA story? Let's hear it!
Grandmother Bernadine just wrote me with a list that's bound to jog a few memories of good times:
"David..here are some memories of your Mom's Mom:
Rickey Anne, Kenai (they live!), Canasta, Fishing, Hiking, Eating (popcorn,cake,strawberry shortcake,made-in-the-cabin pies,candy, cakes) 81 Sabot, Fishing boat with 3hp motor, bears at the Dump, Copper City Dance, Aunt Hazel's bonfire mit marshmallows, Great Grandmother's Chinese Checkers, work..digging fence pole holes, logoiling cabin. Children, Grandchildren...best of all!! LOVE, gm"
Cousin Ed reminds us how gooseprairie can be so good to us:
"Well, I have an Ira story. When Uncle Bob and I were teenagers at the peak of our physical prowess, Ira was a busy bee. He was building things, felling trees and cutting them up for firewood, climbing mountains for missing hikers, and running a business. Many years later I realized that at the time of all this activity Ira was probably 65 years and on Social Security. Not too bad for a guy who in his late 20's was given 6 months to live by his doctor. Later in life he loved to say that he buried his doctor 60 years ago. How did he avoid dying? He moved to Goose Prairie! " ... "Another Ira story--perhaps the secret to longevity. This story may have appeared in print, but I heard it from Ira. Ira had a lot of Crocodile Dundee in him. One time Justice Douglas asked Ira if he ever thought about the affairs of the world outside of Goose Prairie--wars, national politics, etc. Ira assured the great Justice that he certainly did think about these issues--for about ten minutes, and then he fell asleep. Ira was definitely on Goose Prairie time."
It must be the air.
1 Comments:
Thanks! Very little information about GP is on the web.
Post a Comment
<< Home